HerStory: Nancy Sala
Nancy Sala is Vice President for Facility Asset Management for National Grid USA. Ms. Sala is responsible for over 125 facilities in the U.S. totaling approximately 5.5. million square feet. In addition Ms. Sala is responsible for developing an asset management strategy to determine the future use of National Grid’s facilities.
Prior to this assignment Ms. Sala was Senior Vice President of Retail Services for Massachusetts Electric Company. Ms. Sala was responsible for the strategy, policy and direction of the Retail and Business Services functions. She oversaw the design and implementation of energy efficiency programs for over 1.5 million customers. Ms. Sala was also responsible for business and community relations with large commercial and industrial customers as well as 168 municipalities.
Ms. Sala has spent her career with Massachusetts Electric and its affiliated companies. Prior to transferring to Massachusetts Electric in 1989, Ms. Sala worked for an affiliated company, New England Power Company where she was Manager of Petroleum Supply and Shipping.
Ms. Sala currently holds the following positions:
- Director and vice chair of the Worcester Business Development Corporation Director of the Greater Worcester Community Foundation
- Director of Worcester Regional Research Bureau.
- Governor’s Regional CompetitivenessCouncil for Central Massachusetts
- Trustee - Umass/Memorial Foundation
- Chairperson of the Board of the YWCA of Central Massachusetts
- Chairperson of the Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development.
- Treasurer and Director Worcester Area Chamber of Commerce
Ms. Sala received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Lesley College. She is also a graduate of the University of Michigan’s Graduate School of Business, Public Utility Executive Program. Ms. Sala is married and has one son.[an error occurred while processing this directive]